Leopard & Lace








Hello all. Signing in once more (and hopefully a LOT more).

This poor little space on the internet has been so badly neglected, so much so that The Pale Tails is no more... Well, it is, but different.

The Pale Tails has flourished over the years, yet I felt that it just didn't represent what I was about anymore. I wanted to take this blog in a slightly different direction, still fashion/beauty/lifestyle, still quirky and different yet... not so 'child-like'. I chose a name I felt would always represent me over the years so that both I, and the blog can grow together, without the need for constant re-branding/change. With the re-brand I'm feeling excited and like this page really represents me once again.

Mid Size Style will be serving you just that, Mid Size Style, styling clothes on a mid sized body, for those girls who aren't petite or plus sized, just kind of in the middle. It's a struggle for me personally, as when I'm online shopping or scrolling through Instagram, I find that mid sized girls seem to be really under-represented and I'm here to help change that.

Mid Size Style will be bringing you fresh and exciting content a lot more frequently and most importantly it is going to be good content. Content I've worked on and re-worded over and over until it's just right. I really enjoy writing and have been reading books a lot more really spurring me into wanting to create some great and interesting content.

Anyway, less of the re-brand, more of the actual blog post itself.

LEOPARD & LACE

Today was a cold, blustery day filled with university lectures and endless note taking meaning I opted for something I was going to be both warm and comfortable in. I love to feel comfortable at uni. Particularly when you're sat in a lecture hall full of people squished next to you, scribbling down notes as fast as you can, praying the lecturer won't change that god damn slide before you're done. It's enough worrying about that, amongst a mass of other things, never mind your outfit. 

I always find lecture halls to be a right ordeal, blushing as I storm in (usually late), feeling like all eyes are on me as I grab a seat - comfort is key.

As a mid sized girl, I struggled to find a pair of jeans that were comfortable and well fitting. But, lo and behold, Primark were my saving grace. I have these jeans in both blue and black, they're the only pair of jeans I own that are comfortable and stylish and actually fit me properly - not to mention they're really reasonably priced, perfect for a student like me. I love the detailing at the bottom of the jeans, slashed above the ankle, distressed and frayed (or like we've been attacked as our elders would say). 

I find the bottom of these jeans compliments boots nicely, particularly these cute little pointed boots I got for a steal of a price off Depop (originally from Asos). Depop is an app I recommend everyone getting (NOT an endorsement). There are so many great things on there for a fraction of the price. I got old skool vans for £10, cleaned them up, changed the laces and sold them on for £30. Mean? Perhaps. But profitable, definitely profitable.

The camisole top is Primark and surprisingly, I found it sitting in the pyjama section along with some matching leopard pyjama shorts. I ditched the shorts and immediately knew that it would look so cute layered over a roll neck top. I grabbed myself a cream roll neck top and was good to go. 

I finished the look with a faux leather jacket, some heart hoop earrings (both Primark) and my tiffany necklace. In case you couldn't tell, I'm very fond of Primark - it's honestly my favourite fast-fashion brand.With fashions changing so frequently, as quickly as every few weeks, I feel like Primark is perfect to accommodate to this on a budget. 

Tiffany necklaces are definitely a good investment, I wear mine night and day so I'm definitely getting my moneys worth! I say my moneys worth, but this was actually gifted to me as an early birthday present off my boyfriend. I'll be 23. Enough about that...

Anyway, it's been so refreshing writing again, and I look forward to speaking to you all again soon. Thanks for reading.

SHOP SIMILAR TO THE POST:





Comments